About The Course
This course builds the foundation of genuine understanding of EEG analysis, showing the power of single-channel measurements. It focuses on analysis of average values and identification of artifacts (measured activity that is not EEG).
In this course Dr Moshe Perl shares his unique and expansive knowledge of EEG analysis in the context of neurofeedback protocol selection. This knowledge is based on his extensive clinical practice and over 20 years of teaching and mentoring.
Who Is The Course For?
Practitioners at all levels will find this course useful, from those early in their career to advanced practitioners who have used computer-generated QEEG reports and want a more hands-on understanding of EEG.
- Are you a neurofeedback practitioner interested in understanding EEG?
- Do you want to have a confidence in what the EEG is telling you and how to apply that to neurofeedback?
- Would you like to access the power of EEG, without having to buy or train in 19-channel QEEG equipment?
- Do you want to get 3.5 hours of BCIA recertification credit by learning through content that is engaging and practical?
Dr Perl has devoted years with the world's leading experts in neurofeedback and EEG analysis. He's looked at thousands of EEGs. He's grilled the top experts on how they use this information. He's sorted out what information is actually important and how to explain it. He is often praised for his ability to take difficult subjects and communicate them in simple, understandable, accessible ways.
This course makes complex topics both accessible and enjoyable! Take your neurofeedback practice to the next level with NIA's "Learn to read the EEG for Neurofeedback (Fundamentals)".
What You'll Learn
Engaging video lectures cover foundational topics like orientation to the EEG, artifact identification, average values, normative comparisons, and Minimap assessments, with the bulk of the course covering analysis of average values of the EEG bands at a variety of sites.
- Patterns in the EEG (3:13)
- Standard inhibits (1:45)
- Midline Minimap (0:53)
- Midline Minimap - Total EEG - Eyes Open (8:36)
- Midline Minimap - Variations in Delta (8:05)
- Midline Minimap - Variations in Theta (5:41)
- Midline Minimap - Variations in Alpha (6:38)
- Midline Minimap - Tuning of Alpha (15:11)
- Midline Minimap - Issues with Beta (10:10)
- Mood Regulation Minimap - F3 & F4 (4:01)
- Mood Regulation Minimap - Left-Right Asymmetries (4:51)
- Perception and Learning Minimap - Temporal Areas (4:47)
- Perception and Learning Minimap - Temporal Areas - Variations in Delta and Theta (6:48)
- Perception and Learning Minimap – Temporal Areas – Variations in Alpha (5:43)
- Perception and Learning Minimap – Temporal Areas – Variations in Beta (1:52)
- Visual Processing Minimap – O1 and O2 (2:12)
- Visual Processing Minimap – O1 and O2 – Variations in Delta and Theta (1:42)
- Visual Processing Minimap – O1 and O2 – Variations in Alpha (4:22)
- Visual Processing Minimap – O1 and O2 – Variations in Alpha Tuning (2:33)
- Visual Processing Minimap – O1 and O2 – Variations in Beta (0:50)
- Visual Processing Minimap – O1 and O2 – neurofeedback training considerations (2:34)
- Introduction (0:57)
- Artifacts - Q1
- Artifacts - Q2
- Artifacts - Q3
- Artifacts - Q4
- Artifacts - Q5
- Artifacts - Q6
- Artifacts - Q7
- Artifacts - Q8
- Artifacts - Q9
- Artifacts - Q10
- Artifacts - Q11
- Artifacts - Q12
- Artifacts - Q13
- Artifacts - Q14
- EEG Average Values - Examples (2:26)
- EEG Average Values - Q1
- EEG Average Values - Q2
- EEG Average Values - Q3
- EEG Average Values - Q4
- Alpha Peak - Examples (1:18)
- Alpha Peak - Q1
- Alpha Peak - Q2
- Alpha Peak - Q3
- Alpha Peak - Q4
- Pop Quiz Hotshot
Certification & Prerequisites
To get BCIA recertification (professional development) credit and a completion certificate, you must pass the tests at the end of the course.
This course assumes a minimum level of competency in concepts relating to neurofeedback, including the following:
- How to prep clients for neurofeedback
- How to operate neurofeedback hardware and software
- An understanding of the 10-20 location system
- Have taken our Protocol Selection course.
- Know the fundamentals of EEG wave analysis
This is not a "basics" or "101" course in neurofeedback. It will not introduce "the basics of neurofeedback", nor the technical side of implementing treatment (i.e. how to use equipment) as it is assumed that students already possess a basic understanding of amplitude neurofeedback and have access to equipment that allows them to adjust neurofeedback protocols. Ideally students will have already completed a basic hands-on course in neurofeedback and/or a BCIA certified course in neurofeedback.
Meet Your Instructors
Dr. Moshe Perl
Dr Moshe Perl is a clinical psychologist and expert in neurofeedback and EEG. He has been teaching and mentoring in the field for over 20 years and is known for his ability to make difficult concepts easy to access.
In his spare time, Moshe enjoys making music (guitar and singing), watching Australian Rules Football (AFL), playing with his grand children and engaging in a good theological or philosophical discussion.
David Perl is a jack of all trades and a master of some. From engineering to business management to education and coaching, he is compelled to live in his greatness and catalyze others to live in theirs.
David has been driven to share his father Moshe's knowledge widely. He is very pleased to have created these offerings for the Neurofeedback and EEG/QEEG communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
For the course's lifetime - as long as the course is available on this platform, you will have unlimited access to it.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us within 30 days of purchase and we will give you a full refund.