We value your privacy and are dedicated to safeguarding it. That’s why we comply with data protection regulations, including the GDPR of the EU.
This policy outlines how we process any personal data that we process.
We, Neurofeedback International Academy, registered in Australia, are the company that operates the website nia.teachable.com and are the data controller of your personal data.
We recommend that you read through it thoroughly to gain a clear understanding of our privacy practices.
Why, What, and How We Process Your Personal Data
We process your personal data to deliver our products, communicate with you, serve you with relevant ads, and monitor the usage of our website.
Here’s an overview of our processing purposes, the categories of personal data we process, and how we do it:
- For delivery of our courses, we process your name and email address. You give us this data voluntarily on creating an account and signing up for the school. It is necessary to process it to execute the purchase contract with you. We may also use your name and email address to provide you with customer support in relation to the purchase. We use the features of the Teachable platform to process this data.
- To ensure that our school is running properly, we process your login IP address and digital fingerprints, which include your course progress, date and time of account creation, date and time of last login, number of logins, current and last sign-up, and sign-up source. We collect such data through cookies. These cookies are collected as standard by the Teachable platform.
- To communicate with you, we process your name, your email address, and your phone number. You can contact us through our contact form on our website and provide your contact details voluntarily so that we can respond to your inquiries. We use the features of the Teachable platform to process this data.
- To deliver our newsletter, you provide us with your email address and name voluntarily and we provide you with our email newsletter through Teachable, Mailchimp or a similar platform.
- To improve our website, we monitor how visitors use our website. We process data about your browsing behavior and your preferences. We use Google Analytics, Twillio, and Heap Analytics.
- To serve you with relevant ads, and to better understand who will benefit from our courses, we process data related to your usage of our website. Such data is collected via Google cookies.
In addition, when you purchase items from our website, Stripe and/or Paypal are given permission to handle your payment details. In these cases, we don't see your credit card or payment information. Rather, Stripe and/or Paypal, the external payment handler, manage your payment details.
Security of your personal information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, or destruction, including but not limited to access controls, educating staff on data protection, use of anti-virus tools, and regular software updates.
International Data Transfers
Personal data will be transferred to servers outside of the European Union and Australia. The Neurofeedback International Academy has been built on the Teachable platform, which uses servers located in the United States.
The personal data of the EU users will be transferred based on the EU-US Privacy Framework and the Standard Contract Clauses of the Teachable Data Processing Agreement.
For EU users: Your rights as the owner of personal data
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to know about the processing
- The right to access your data
- The right to update or correct your data
- The right to object to the use of your data
- The right to restrict the use of your data
- The right to transfer your data to another data controller
- The right to the erasure of your data
- The right to lodge a complaint to the relevant data protection authority
If you want to exercise your rights under the GDPR, you may submit your requests to us via email at [email protected].
Please note that we might ask you to confirm who you are before we honor your request to ensure the privacy and security of your personal data.
Additionally, you're entitled to lodge a complaint with the appropriate Data Protection Authority concerning our gathering and use of your personal data. To learn more about this, reach out to your local data protection agency.
Aside from EU users' GDPR requests, we will respond to all reasonable data requests by any user worldwide, no matter what data protection law applies in our specific relationship.
Protecting your child’s privacy
Our school isn't intended for those below 16 years of age ('Children').
If you're a parent or guardian and realize that your child has shared personal information with us, please let us know. We'll promptly delete that data from our servers.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].